The goal of the Comfort Zone System is to create an indoor environment closest to the natural pasture in order to increase rest time, reduce health issues and increase milk production of the herd.
Our university and field studies have revealed three main issues related to Cow Comfort: entrance, lunging, overcrowding.
To Learn more about the Comfort Zone and other Artex Cattle Handling Products, Click here to see our full cattle handling product line.
Entrance: Cows that stand for hours and that are not fully in the stall are more prone to hoof issues and a decreased flow of blood to the udder which results in reduced milk production.
- The Comfort Zone system gives the animal ample space to enter the stall, lay down and rest in natural positions
- The Pasture Mat bed is designed to provide natural cow comfort, whether standing or lying down
- The easy to maintain bedding system helps reduce bedding costs by (up to) 80%
Lunging: Without proper lunge space a cow reacts with unnatural behaviour when attempting to stand and is prone to serious leg or back injury.
- The dimensions of the Comfort Zone System ensure the animal is able to rise from a lying position in a single, natural motion
- The brisket and neck rail dimensions are designed to properly index the animal as she enters the stall to ensure that she doesn’t lie too far forward and compromise her lunging ability
- Result: safer animal, cleaner stalls
Overcrowding: Without proper spacing or the ability to lay down comfortably the animal undergoes stress which directly impacts the production of milk. We believe in giving animals:
- Freedom to lie on their sides, with unobstructed space for their neck and head
- Freedom to rest their heads against their sides without hindrance from a partition
- Freedom to rest with their legs, udder and tails on the platform
- Freedom to stand or lie without fear or pain from neck rails, partitions or supports